With major players IBM, Ericsson, Samsung Electronics and others
DUBLIN, July 8, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The report “Global Mobile Edge Computing Market by Infrastructure, Deployment Model, Computing as a Service, Network Connectivity, Applications, Types of Analysis, Market Segments and Industry Verticals 2022-2027” has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Select report results
- Mobile edge computing will be a key enabler of immersive technologies deployed with 5G
- The best opportunities will be in teleoperation/cloud robotics, telepresence and virtual reality
- The Global Mobile Edge Computing Market for Software and APIs will Reach $2.32 billion by 2027
- The market for MEC software in support of IoT applications will reach $637 million worldwide by 2027
- The biggest industry vertical opportunities for MEC will be manufacturing, healthcare and automotive
In cellular networks, edge computing via MEC is beneficial for LTE but virtually essential for 5G. Indeed, Mobile Edge Computing facilitates the optimization of fifth generation network resources, in particular by concentrating communications and computing capacity where they are needed most. The author’s research results indicate a strong relationship between edge computing and 5G. In fact, without MEC, 5G would continue to rely on back-haul to centralized cloud resources for storage and computing, diminishing much of the otherwise positive impact of reduced latency enabled by the 5G.
Another driver of the multi-access edge computing market is that MEC will facilitate an entirely new class of low-power devices for IoT networks and systems. These devices will rely on MEC equipment for processing. In other words, some IoT devices will be very compute-light, relying on edge computing nodes for most of their computing needs.
Mobile Edge Computing Market Drivers
- Improved overall throughput
- Reduction of heart congestion
- Reduced application latency
- Bond Reduction
- Knowledge of the network and context
- Streaming data and real-time analytics
- Network and Application Resilience
Mobile Edge Computing Market Deployment Alternatives
As the author has stated in the past, the primary standards body for MEC standardization is the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), which has done much to advance edge computing in mobile networks. /wireless.
ETSI identifies four physical areas for MEC deployment as follows:
- Colocation at the base station
- Collocation at the transmitting node
- Network aggregation point colocation
- Colocation with core network functions
Mobile Edge Computing Market Deployment Considerations by Carrier
It is important to understand that multiple access edge computing servers and platforms can be deployed in many locations, including but not limited to an LTE and/or 5G macro base station site, the 3G radio network controller site, a multi-cell RAT aggregation site or at an aggregation point. Communication Service Providers (CSPs) are not used to scheduling remote servers.
However, MEC basically needs many remote data centers. The author predicts that cloud service providers will need to partner with network integration companies to realize MEC’s full vision. CSPs can’t get bogged down in negotiating, planning, engineering, and deploying MEC communications/computing platforms every time a new site is acquired.
With the market for multi-access edge computing, there is clearly a new computing communication paradigm in which communications and computing are no longer seen as separate things. Moreover, they are planned, designed, deployed and operated together. Along with this new paradigm, mobile networks are becoming video networks.
Main topics covered:
3. MEC Technology, Platforms and Architecture
3.1 Building Blocks of the MEC Platform Architecture
3.2 Edge Cloud Computing Value Chain
3.3 Component of MEC technology
3.4 MEC Technology Enablers
3.5 MEC Deployment Considerations
4. MEC Market Drivers and Opportunities
5. MEC Ecosystem
6. MEC Application and Service Policies
6.1 Mobile Cloud Optimization
6.2 Context-Aware Services
6.3 Data Services and Analytics
7. Multi-Access Edge Computing Deployment
8. Multi-Access Edge Computing Market Analysis and Forecast
9. Conclusions and recommendations
- ADLINK Technology Inc.
- Advanced micro-systems
- Confirmed networks
- Akamai Technologies
- Allocate Communications
- Brocade Communications Systems
- Cavium Networks
- Ceragon networks
- China Unicom
- Cisco Systems
- Cradle point
- Deutsche Telekom
- Fujitsu Technology Solutions
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Huawei Technologies Co.Ltd.
- IBM Corporation
- Integrated device technology
- intel company
- InterDigital Inc.
- I TRY
- Juniper Networks
- mimic technology
- MobileedgeX (Google)
- NEC Corporation
- Nokia Company
- NTT Communications
- NTT DoCoMo
- Or I
- PeerApp Ltd.
- Pluribus networks
- Red Hat, Inc.
- Saguna Networks
- Samsung Electronics Co.Ltd.
- SK Telecom
- Sony Company
- Wireless Spider Cloud
- IO Steam
- Vasona Networks (ZephyrTel)
- Viavi Solutions
- Xilinx, Inc.
- Yana Ltd.
- ZTE Company
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5ko1v8
Research and Markets
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For USA/CAN call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets