Sounders FC returns home to Lumen Field this Sunday, reminds fans of updated health and safety policy now in effect
After a four-game run through the end of September, the Sounders FC return home to Lumen Field this Sunday, October 3, hosting the Colorado Rapids (7:00 p.m. PT / FOX 13+, Prime Video, 1090 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 hours ).
Ahead of the game, the Rave Green reminds their fans of the updated health and safety policies announced by Sounders FC, Seattle Seahawks and Lumen Field earlier this month, which include proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test approved by the FDA to enter the stadium and the continued use of face masks in all areas of the stadium at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
The vaccination check for all Lumen Field events went into effect on September 19 and this Sunday marks the first home game for the Sounders FC since that implementation. Fans are encouraged to arrive early, as entry may take longer than usual due to required vaccination verification processes.
As per the updated rules, starting this Sunday, fans aged 12 and over who wish to attend Sounders FC matches must show full proof of vaccination in order to be allowed into the stadium. Fans who are not fully vaccinated or who do not wish to participate in the vaccination verification may still be granted entry with proof of a negative FDA-approved COVID-19 test performed within 72 hours of the kick-off. At home, self-administered test results are not accepted. Children under 12 are allowed in, with no proof of test required.
In order to qualify as fully vaccinated, a fan must have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna) or the single-dose single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson / Jansen) at least two weeks (14 days) before the match. For example, in order to attend the home game on October 3, such vaccination must have been administered by September 19 at the latest.
To simplify the vaccination verification process, Sounders FC encourages all fans to use the free CLEAR mobile app and its Health Pass feature. The CLEAR Health Pass offers a free mobile experience on the CLEAR app, securely connecting a person’s verified identity to their proof of vaccination.
Using CLEAR’s Health Pass vaccination verification system speeds entry and is Sounders FC’s preferred method of vaccination verification as of October 3.
Fans can use this link to directly download CLEAR and start using Health Pass: https: //clear.app.link/Sounders Participant Vax. Helpful information, including a step-by-step guide to downloading and setting up CLEAR Health Pass, is also available on the Sounders FC Know Before You Go webpage.
Minors between the ages of 14 and 17 can be added to a parent or guardian’s Health Pass account, which allows the minor to then download the CLEAR app, log into their account, add proof of vaccination and generate their own Health Pass. Due to current best practices, CLEAR does not provide Health Passes for minors aged 12 to 13. Anyone unable to use the CLEAR health passport is required to provide physical proof of their vaccination status at the stadium.
Below you can find additional information regarding the mandatory vaccinations for Sounders FC matches.
HOME MATCHES AND VACCINATED STATUS
In conjunction with the Seattle Seahawks and Lumen Field, all events at Lumen Field currently require vaccination verification for entry. Sounders FC is therefore implementing its vaccination verification system from the club’s home game on October 3 and through the remainder of the 2021 season and possible postseason games.
As of October 3, eligibility for registration to Sounders FC matches is based on the following protocols:
• Fans aged 12 and over must prove that they are fully vaccinated in order to access the games. “Fully vaccinated” indicates that on the date of the match, it has been at least two weeks (14 days) since an individual and anyone for whom they purchase a ticket (12+) received the second dose in a series of two-dose vaccines (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna) or single-dose single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson / Jansen).
- To attend the October 3 home game fully immunized under this protocol, fans must have received their second dose of the two-dose vaccine series or the single dose of the one-dose vaccine by September 19. .
• Fans 12 years of age and over who are fully vaccinated and present valid vaccination documents can purchase tickets.
• Children under 12 are allowed to attend matches, without any further requirements; However, children must also adhere to the prescribed mask mandate.
• Fans aged 12 and over who have not been fully vaccinated or who do not wish to participate in the vaccination check can still attend games, but must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours. kick off using an FDA approved test; at home, self-administered tests are not valid. These supporters, like all stadium supporters, must also respect the prescribed mask mandate.
• No on-site test is available. The tests must be carried out independently before the day of the match.
Upon arrival at the gate, staff will confirm fan vaccination or test documentation. Once confirmed, fans are allowed to enter the stadium. The following methods are acceptable as proof of full vaccination (if 12 years of age or older):
• Verification of the health passport of the CLEAR mobile application.
- The CLEAR Health Pass is the preferred method of verifying vaccination by Sounders FC. It is strongly recommended that all customers aged 14 and over use the Health Pass to provide a secure and expedited entry process.
• Vaccination card (which includes the name of the person vaccinated, the type of vaccine provided and the date of the last dose given).
• A photo of a vaccination record as a separate document.
• A photo of the participant’s immunization card stored on a phone or electronic device.
• Documentation of vaccination from health care provider, electronic health record or state immunization information system record.
• REMARK: Self-reported immunization records that are not verified by a healthcare professional cannot be accepted.
For fans who choose to show proof of a negative COVID-19 resting result, the following methods are acceptable as proof of such a result, obtained within 72 hours of kick-off:
• Printed document (from test supplier or laboratory).
• An email or text message displayed on a phone or electronic device from the test provider or laboratory. The information provided should include the name of the person tested, the type of test performed and the date of the negative test result.
- Self-reported negative test results that are not from a test provider, laboratory, or healthcare provider cannot be accepted. This includes self-administered home tests.
- REMARK: All tests must be FDA approved and verifiable, with the date of the test administered within 72 hours of kick off.
Documentation of immunization status and personal identification documents should be available upon request at all times. Anyone without proof of vaccination or negative test as described above will not be allowed to participate in Sounder FC matches from October 3 until the end of the 2021 season and playoffs.