New Online Water Utility Bill Payment Site Now Available – City of Lincoln, NE
Posted on March 02, 2022
Lincoln Transportation and Utilities (LTU) today announced that a new online payment site for water utilities is now available at waterbill.lincoln.ne.gov. Enhancements to the new billing system include increased customer security, a simplified registration and login process, credit card payment capabilities, and increased processing efficiency.
“We want paying your water and sewage bill to be a quick and easy experience. The new online bill payment site offers customers an intuitive online process, additional convenient payment options and enhanced security,” said Liz Elliott, director, Lincoln Transportation and Utilities. “The new system also increases the city’s efficiency when processing payments which in turn provides improved customer service.
To use the site, customers are required to create new online accounts once they receive their next bill. Customers must use their nine-digit customer identification number to create a new account. The process is as follows:
- For customers who receive paper invoices by mail, the customer identification number is located in the lower left corner of the invoice.
- For customers who receive invoices by e-mail, the customer identification number is indicated next to the word “Invoice”.
- Once you have found your nine-digit ID number, visit waterbill.lincoln.ne.gov.
- At the bottom of the page, under “Need to sign in or register to manage paperless billing or automatic payment?”, select “Click here”. On the next screen, select “Register Now” to create your account.
Those who choose to pay by mail or in person do not need to create an online account. Customers who already make automatic payments do not need to create an online account. However, those wishing to manage their account, update their autopay information, or receive a receipt when the payment has been processed will need to create an online account to do so.
LTU now accepts payment for water and sewer services by credit card. Additional payment options include:
- Fast online payment
- Online automatic banking payment
- Online credit card payments
- Automatic online credit card payments
- Paperless billing
- Payment by post
- Pay in person
Payments can be mailed to PO Box 87102, Lincoln, NE 68501, or delivered in person 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, to the Lincoln Water and Wastewater Billing Office, 555 South 10th Street , Suite 203.
For more information, visit waterbill.lincoln.ne.gov or call 402-441-7551.