IU Kokomo welcomes 13 new faculty members | New
Indiana University Kokomo announced on August 18 the addition of 13 new faculty members, in fields ranging from business management to English, nursing to information systems, and biology to education.
Mark Canada, Executive Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Acting Vice-Chancellor, welcomed them.
“New faculty bring expertise, of course, but they also bring new ideas to campus,” he said. “I look forward to seeing their contributions, especially to the KEY experience. “
New teachers include:
• Elizabeth Clayton, Acting Assistant Professor of Business Management. She got a doctorate. in Organizational Sciences and a Master of Arts (MA) in Industrial / Organizational Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte; and a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Psychology from George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia. She taught at the University of North Carolina while earning her graduate degrees.
• Chittibabu (Chitti) Govindarajulu, dean of the School of Business, professor of management. He got a doctorate. in Business Administration from the University of Mississippi, with a specialization in Management Information Systems. He also obtained a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from PSG College of Technology, Bharathiar University, Tamil Nadu, India, and a BS in Mechanical Engineering from College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai (Madras), India. Most recently, he was Associate Dean for Program Support and MBA Administrator for the College of Business at Metropolitan State University of Denver.
• Bingzuan Guo, Acting Assistant Professor of Enterprise Marketing. She got a doctorate. in Marketing from the University of Texas at San Antonio; a Master of Science (MS) in Marketing from New York City University-Baruch College and a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics from Fudan University, Shanghai, China. She taught at the College of Business at the University of Texas at San Antonio.
• Esra Topcuoglu, assistant professor in hospitality and tourism. She completed a doctorate. in Hospitality Management at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas, an MBA from Bahçeşehir University, Istanbul, Turkey; and a BA in Italian Language and Literature from Ankara University, Turkey. Previously, she was an assistant professor at William Paterson University in New Jersey.
School of Education
• Amy Smith, Senior Lecturer in Education. She received an MA and BA in Education from Ball State University, a Certification in Educational Neuroscience from Butler University, and a Building Administrator’s License from Purdue University. She is also an academic pedagogical coach / social and emotional learning coach for Healthy Communities of Clinton County, Frankfort; and was a second year teacher at Delphi Community School Corp.
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
• Lori Bruns, speaker in English. She obtained an MA in English, a Certificate of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and a BA in English from IU. Previously, she was a guest speaker at IU Kokomo.
• Andy Tuholski, guest lecturer in political science. He got a doctorate. in Political Science from Purdue University, an MA in Political Management from George Washington University and a Bachelor of Commerce from IU. He was previously an adjunct faculty member at IU Kokomo.
School of Nursing and Allied Health Professions
• Margaret Christopher, guest lecturer in nursing. She received Masters of Nursing (MSN) and Bachelor of Nursing (BSN) from IU Kokomo and Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AASN) from Purdue University. She has been an adjunct faculty member since 2019 and is also the Stroke Program Coordinator at IU Health Arnett Hospital, Lafayette.
• David Cunningham, Senior Lecturer in Nursing. He earned an MSN from Indiana Wesleyan University, a BSN from IU Kokomo, and an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) from Ivy Tech Community College. Previously, he was a guest lecturer in nursing at IU Kokomo.
• Samantha Fouts, Clinical Assistant Professor of Nursing. She obtained an MSN and BSN from IU Kokomo and has been a lecturer in nursing at IU Kokomo since January 2018. She is also a staff nurse at IU Health North Hospital.
• Michele Lasley, senior lecturer in nursing sciences. She holds a Doctorate of Nursing from Indiana State University, a Masters of Nursing from Western Governor’s University, and a BSN from Ball State University. Previously, she was on the nursing faculty at Galen College of Nursing, Cincinnati.
• Yang Liu, assistant professor of computer science. He got a doctorate. in Information Systems from the New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark; and a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Technology from Tongji University, Shanghai, China. Previously, he was a research and teaching assistant in the computer science department at the New Jersey Institute of Technology.
• Madelyn H. Miller, Visiting Lecturer in Biology. She got a doctorate. in Biomedical Sciences from the University of Central Florida, Orlando; and a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry / molecular biology and sociology from Wittenberg University, Springfield, Ohio.