ISG to conduct a study on private and hybrid cloud providers
STAMFORD, Connecticut – (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – Information Services Group (ISG) (Nasdaq: III), a leading global technology research and consulting firm, has launched a research study examining private and hybrid cloud service providers for corporate clients.
The results of the study will be published in a comprehensive ISG Provider Lens ™ report, titled Next-Gen Private / Hybrid Cloud – Data Center Solutions & Services, scheduled for release in June. The report will cover a range of private and hybrid cloud services hosted in data centers.
Business buyers will be able to use the information in the report to assess their current supplier relationships, potential new engagements, and available offers, while ISG advisors will use the information to recommend suppliers to the business buying clients.
The new report will examine how private and hybrid cloud providers are helping corporate clients achieve their business goals, said Jan Erik Aase, partner and global leader, ISG Provider Lens Research. “Private and hybrid cloud providers are an important part of the IT infrastructure of many businesses,” he said. “These vendors free up companies’ resources to focus on their core business, while delivering secure and reliable cloud services.
ISG has distributed surveys to over 400 private and hybrid cloud providers. Together with ISG’s global advisors, the research team will produce five quadrants representing the services that the typical client company purchases in the private and hybrid cloud space, based on ISG’s experience with its clients. . The five quadrants that will be covered are:
- Managed Services, evaluating a vendor’s ability to offer continuous management services for private and hybrid clouds as well as traditional data center infrastructures and platforms that include physical and virtual servers, middleware, storage, databases data and network components. The infrastructure can reside in a customer’s data center or at the service provider’s facilities, or be co-located at a third-party facility.
- Managed hosting, covering providers who offer enterprise-grade stand-alone hosting solutions, using their own or third-party facilities and infrastructure. The vendors assessed here are responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of data center components such as servers, storage, operating systems, and external network connectivity.
- Colocation services, examining vendors who offer standardized data center operations as colocation services for mid to large enterprise customers as well as public sector organizations. These companies provide community access points to various hosting providers, systems management companies, telecommunications operators or providers, and end users. Business customers who choose colocation services expect a standardized and sophisticated data center setup, numerous operator options, low latency and high bandwidth at affordable prices.
- Hyperconverged systems (software vendors), evaluating vendors who offer hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) with pre-configured software and plans designed to scale up or scale down server and storage clusters. HCI can centrally manage a scalable enterprise cloud, on-premises infrastructure, and private clouds built on public cloud virtual machines.
- Hybrid cloud management platforms, examining software vendors to build and operate infrastructures that provide a robust, integrated management platform for on-premises, public, private, and hybrid clouds. This platform provides consistency across cloud environments and enables enterprises to achieve cost-effective, automated and standardized application deployments in multi-cloud environments with robust container capabilities.
The report will cover the hyperconverged systems and hybrid cloud management platforms markets globally and the managed services, managed hosting and colocation services markets in the United States, in the United States public sector, in the United States. Brazil, Germany, the Nordic countries, Switzerland, UK and Australia. , the Benelux countries, France and Malaysia / Singapore. ISG analysts Shashank Rajmane, Pedro L. Bicudo Maschio, Ulrich Meister, Wolfgang Heinhaus, Ian Puddy, Rohan Thomas, Angus Macaskill, Bruce Guptill and Richard Marshall will be the authors of the report.
An archetype report will also be published as part of this study. This report, unique to ISG, is the study of the typical types of buyers of private and hybrid cloud services observed by ISG advisors.
A list of identified vendors and vendors and further details of the study are available in this digital brochure. A separate brochure for the US public sector is also available. Companies not listed as private and hybrid cloud providers can contact ISG and request to be included in the study.
About ISG Provider Lens ™ Research
The ISG Provider Lens ™ Quadrant research series is the only service provider assessment of its kind to combine empirical and data-driven research and market analysis with the real-world experience and observations of the advisory team. world of ISG. Companies will find a wealth of in-depth data and market analysis to help them select suitable sourcing partners, while ISG advisors will use the reports to validate their own market knowledge and make recommendations to corporate clients. ISG. Research currently covers providers offering their services worldwide, across Europe, as well as USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, France, Benelux, Germany, Switzerland , in the Nordic countries, Australia and Singapore / Malaysia, with additional markets to be added. in the future. For more information on ISG Provider Lens research, please visit this page Web page.
A complementary research suite, the ISG Provider Lens Archetype reports, provides a unique assessment of suppliers from the perspective of specific types of buyers.
ISG (Information Services Group) (Nasdaq: III) is one of the world’s leading technology research and consulting companies. A trusted business partner to more than 700 customers, including more than 75 of the world’s 100 largest companies, ISG is committed to helping businesses, public sector organizations, and service and technology providers achieve operational excellence and faster growth. The company specializes in digital transformation services including automation, cloud and data analytics; procurement advice; managed governance and risk management services; network operator services; design of strategy and operations; change management; market intelligence and technology research and analysis. Founded in 2006, and headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, ISG employs more than 1,300 digitally ready professionals operating in more than 20 countries — a global team known for their innovative thinking, market influence, deep industrial and technological expertise. and its world-class expertise. Industry’s most comprehensive market data-driven research and analysis capabilities. For more information visit www.isg-one.com.