How to Correct Your Vaccination Record – NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth


A North Texas woman reached out to NBC 5 responds after trying to correct an error on his COVID-19 vaccination record.

Read on to find out what you can do if you need to make a correction.

“Why would they send this to me?” “

Kim Sherman began asking questions after receiving a text from the Texas Department of State Health Services encouraging her to receive a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

“I’m like, why would they send this to me?” Sherman said. She said NBC 5 responds she has been fully vaccinated with two doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine since April.

Sherman said he called his doctor who confirmed his second dose was not recorded in the state’s immunization information system.

Sherman said she contacted the pharmacy that provided her second dose. It changed owners over the summer and Sherman said she was having trouble finding someone to log into the database and correct her immunization record.

She also tried her doctor and emailed federal and state agencies about the error.

“If you ever lose your card or anything, there’s no proof you ever did,” Sherman said.

NBC 5 responds contacted Texas State Department Health Services regarding Sherman’s situation. The agency said it was not aware of a widespread reporting problem with the pharmacy providing the second dose of Sherman. The state said it would report Sherman’s request.

Later Sherman said NBC 5 responds she has received confirmation that her vaccination record has been corrected and now accurately reflects her vaccination history.

What to do if you notice an error on your vaccination record?

Texas DSHS said you should start with the provider who gave you your chance.

Some people may have visited a large vaccination center that is no longer functioning. Or, like Kim Sherman, you may have difficulty connecting with the vaccine provider. If you are unable to ask the provider to make the change, try your doctor.

If you don’t have a regular doctor and you’re still stuck, the state says you can email your request to

[email protected] or fax your request to 512-776-7790.

The state said the correction is not instantaneous. In the case of Kim Sherman, it took a few days to make the change.

If you have lost your card, the CDC says you must first contact your vaccine supplier. If you’ve signed up for a program like v-safe after your first dose of vaccine, the CDC said you can access your immunization information using these tools as well.

NBC 5 Responds is committed to investigating your concerns and getting your money back. Our goal is to provide you with answers and, if possible, solutions and resolution. Call us at 844-5RESPND (844-573-7763) or complete our customer complaint form.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.