2021 Microsoft Products and Services Data Portfolio Review
With a plethora of analytics services for almost any situation, Microsoft Azure Data Services covers just about all bases.
In the world of digital transformation, data is a currency. Businesses use it to extract information, deliver services, and inform key business decisions. Technology has exploded the amount of data available to businesses, but it’s only useful if you can discover, extract, and analyze the information.
Microsoft Data Services provides a powerful platform to migrate databases from legacy systems, make them available to anyone who needs them, and gain in-depth, real-time insight into critical business functions. organization.
Microsoft Azure offers a host of enterprise cloud computing services, including database migration, data management and analysis.
The service caters directly to customers at the enterprise level, giving them the ability to leverage data entering their business and provide access throughout the organization.
All of these services are supported by Microsoft’s dominant position in the market, with nearly 170,000 employees worldwide.
Let’s review some of the top data products from its extensive portfolio:
The Azure Database Migration Tool simplifies and speeds up the process of migrating data from your own on-premises databases to the Azure cloud.
It supports the migration of Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Oracle to Azure from on-premises clouds and others.
An easy-to-understand solution guides you step-by-step through the migration. They offer a resilient, self-healing migration service that manages the transition.
It works with a two-step process: you use Azure to discover your database infrastructure. You can then use the Database Migration Service to move that database to the cloud. Azure lets you automate the process, minimizing effort and downtime.
Microsoft also offers a high level of security. The company invests more than $ 1 billion each year in cybersecurity, with more than 3,500 cyber experts.
Its standard migration service is free, while the premium option is free for the first six months from the date of creation. Standard service is normally sufficient for small and medium businesses, while large businesses, with more complex workloads, will benefit from premium service.
Microsoft Azure offers a wide range of relational, NoSQL and in-memory databases that are fully managed on open source and proprietary engines.
Each will suit a variety of applications, allowing businesses to tailor the choice to their own needs.
The databases offered include:
- SQL database: For managed SQL in the cloud
- SQL Managed Instances: A managed and up-to-date SQL instance in the cloud
- SQL server on virtual machines: Migrate your SQL workloads to Azure while maintaining full compatibility with SQL Server and operating system level access
- Database for PostgreSQL: Build scalable, secure, and fully managed enterprise applications on open source PostgreSQL, scale up single node PostgreSQL with high performance, or migrate PostgreSQL and Oracle workloads to the cloud
- Azure Database for MySWQL: Provide high availability and elastic scalability to open source mobile and web applications with a community-managed MySQL database service or migrate MySQL workloads to the cloud
- Database for MariaDB: Deliver high availability and elastic scalability to open source mobile and web applications with a managed MariaDB community database service
- Azure Cosmos DB: Build applications with guaranteed low latency and high availability anywhere, at any scale
- Cache for Redis: Power fast, scalable applications with an open source compatible in-memory data store
- Database migration service: Accelerate your migration to the cloud
- Managed instance for Apache Cassandra: Modernize existing Cassandra data clusters and applications and enjoy flexibility and freedom with Managed Instance Service
Azure offers a wide range of analytics services, giving it an extremely broad solution that can adapt to the needs of each user.
Analysis offers include:
- Synapse Analysis: An unlimited service bringing together data integration, enterprise data warehousing, big data analysis. You can query data on your terms with serverless or dedicated resources.
- HD preview: Process large amounts of data using popular open source frameworks, such as Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, with this customizable enterprise-level service for open source analysis
- Data factor: Simplify your data by integrating it into the Azure data factory. You can integrate data sources with over 90 built-in maintenance-free connectors
- Machine learning: Provides data scientists and developers with a wealth of productive experiences to develop machine learning models and improve team collaboration. It allows you to accelerate the time-to-market of key applications
- Flow analysis: A powerful real-time analytics service for critical workloads. With just a few clicks, you can build an end-to-end serverless streaming pipeline
- Data lake analysis: Process data on demand with no infrastructure to manage. You will be able to develop and execute massive parallel data processing and processing programs
- Azure Analysis Service: Quickly visualize data with your favorite tools and quickly adapt resources to your needs
- Event centers: A fully managed, reliable and scalable real-time data ingestion service, allowing you to stream millions of events per second from any source
- Data Explorer: A fast and fully managed analytics service for large volumes of data from apps, websites, IoT devices, etc.
- Data sharing: A simple and secure service for sharing big data with external organizations
- Azure time series overview: End-to-end IoT analytics platform to monitor, analyze and visualize your industrial IoT data at scale
- Microsoft Graph data selection: A high-speed secure connector designed to copy certain Microsoft 365 productivity datasets to your Azure tenant
Microsoft’s breadth of services gives it a popular position among users.
Its analysis services receive 4.5 out of five stars, according to G2 users. They praise its speed, ease of use, and scalability.
Users are equally positive about its migration services, with a 80% positive rating. Reviews focus on its accessibility, scalability, and ability to handle tasks with near zero downtime.
Users at Ray of trust take advantage of its database services for its intelligence, scalability and reliability. While some prefer a more user-friendly interface, the breadth of its services and its ability to tailor applications to user needs is generally greeted warmly.
The power and adaptability of the service were decisive in a major project of Mercedes-Benz in the design of connected cars. The hardware had to be specifically designed with database solutions capable of meeting the very specific requirements of the embedded software.
In Brazil, the retailer Quick shop used Azure Analytics to provide real-time insight into its business operations. The company stands out for its ability to offer users a personalized and unique shopping experience.
For this, real-time analyzes are essential. She needed to transform business intelligence in order to reduce costs and optimize operational efficiency. He used Azure’s Synapses and machine learning to automate processes and extract valuable insight from their user data that might otherwise have been missed.